Monday, November 26, 2012

Don't Wear Only One Hat Forever


Irfan Khairi reminds me in his slightly thin financial book that someone would probably do more than 10 jobs in 20 years’ time. I couldn’t agree more since that’s truly what I myself have already proposed to do someday. Bila? Maaf, itu belum pasti, encik.   

I’m not gonna be a school teacher for ever. There’s another aspiration I’ve long aspired to become. A lecturer. An English Language lecturer, to be more specific – because that’s what I’ve been more into so far. However, I know I can’t attain that very hastily without knowledge and experience. Yeah, like I pointed out before, experience is the finest teacher in one’s life.

I gotta accept that I’m still too young in this career world. I need more than 10 year working experience before I proceed and then change my career to a lecturer. The conditions I read via an online lecturer application form in the past were evidently stated that teaching experience does count!

The preceding seven months working in school, personally, have proven a whole lot of my weaknesses in the teaching profession. Can’t deny how shamefaced I feel. After all the four year studies at Uni, is that all what I could ever do?! It’s a shame. Something unforgivable! Still, I’m pretty new. As though somebody has got lost deep in a thick forest.

None the less, there were some things done that I deserved compliments. I bought a book planner which, I’m positive, is really encouraged for a busy teacher like me. Possessing it should be a big help for me in daily life management. Regrettably, seldom did I flip it through which seemed to have no function at all. Because I got accustomed to writing down on a piece of A4 paper all my to-be-done tasks. That way, frankly, gave me much more comfort than the book planner itself.

I still feel dissatisfied somehow. I have yet to become a good teacher enough! Therefore, I must be thinking of something better. Something that can help me out of this complete state of affair!

Tell you what? I’m thinking of a small whiteboard. Gonna put it down strategically. Somewhere in my room (there in Sarawak). So later when the very first school week begins, I’m gonna jot down as many brief notes as possible of any tasks I’m to implement ASAP on the whiteboard. Plus, write down anything such as urgent reminders or something like that. By doing so, my life’s gonna be more organized than ever, isn’t it? All I need is consistency + discipline. Nothing more I suppose.
Time is money. I confess I had been somewhat pathetic in the past. Dozing off after school. Hooking up with students almost every single night. Both sound disadvantageous to me. Thought it’d be much fun so I wouldn’t feel fed up staying at home…alone. It transpired later that I was mistaken.

But, from now on, something must be changed. Something must be improved. My time management was terribly awful, I have to say. And one more thing, my P&P’s (Teaching & Learning) I carried out were really bad. I still consider I’ve met a huge failure in teaching. And I didn’t even feel contented with my previous working life, really.

And, excitedly, I wanna let you know that I’m going holidays next year. I’m not under pressure, hello, but going sightseeing is my pastime. Why should I keep waiting for another 10 years to go travelling around the world when I can even afford? Besides Sabah Negeri di Bawah Bayu, I’ve chosen Brunei Darussalam (since it’s pretty near to Sarawak – rugilah kalau tak pergi kan) and the other one is Singapore. Oh God, how come I haven’t reached that small country yet?!


2 comments: