Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Flying Express Bus

Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Exactly, it pictures the entire contents of what my recent post is all about. What I’m gonna share here is pertaining to a dream that has come true. Not a mere daydream but a reality of my own life!

Back in the early 90’s and I was still a small kid, I used to be carried by parents to Sultan Mahmud Airport which is approximately 20-minute drive away from where I live. That moment, a small kid like me had to envy every passenger on board. Let alone, enjoy the ultimate glory in the blue sky. “How’s it like, huh?” I wondered.

Malaysian Airlines



More interestingly, daydreaming of reaching the blue sky, conversely, has never seemed impossible for me. Lucky me! I was on board for the first time at the age of 18 and my first flight was Air Asia, so much well-known with the tagline, ‘Now everyone can fly’. One factor that contributed to the success was because of the strategic location of my previous higher educational institution, in Petaling Jaya, the satellite city.

On board: Air Asia prior to departure to KLIA in June, 2011
Location: The Kuching International Airport, Sarawak


I saw it such a golden opportunity. And I really was an idiot for missing the boat! Don’t you know that opportunity seldom knocks twice? Aha. The choice I had with me was only ‘to be or not to be’. Intelligently, I chose the road-not-taken.

August 4, 2006 was a very momentous day in my life. Confirmed! I could afford to realize my dream which had been ‘planted’ ever since 1 decade ago. Huhu. I dared to go to the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang, Selangor even though I had never been to. In order to make a dream come true, sacrifice is truly essential. Cash of RM88.99 wasn’t supposed to be my barrier anymore. It’s a brilliant investment instead!  

On a Malaysian Airlines plane prior to departure to Kuala Lumpur in October, 2007
Location: Sultan Mahmud Airport, Kuala Terengganu
More interestingly, I got a student price ticket!

Me and the Terengganu-born celebrity Ally Iskandar checking-in

Figure: Sultan Mahmud Airport, Kuala Terengganu


Today, I’ve felt contented so much! I’ve been fed up flying with a domestic flight as yet! Watching a group of the snow-white clouds ‘live’ in a shorter distance, ‘exploring’ the clouds ourselves, observing the indescribable beauty of high hills, mountains, etc from the sky view in the daytime, not to mention the overflow of light around a corner of the Earth at night – all this is definitely not an experience everybody chances to feel themselves. Some of us can only keep dreaming on and on till death. Not everyone seems fortunate.

Alhamdulillah…I’m just lucky! ALLAH has changed my dream to a reality. I’ve never supposed at this very young age (Well…I’m still young, aren’t I?), I’ve been on board for no more than 15 times already! 15 times is certainly a lot. No wonder if I expressed how fed up I’ve felt just barely flying with a domestic flight. I’m presently dreaming of getting on an international flight and may this dream come true someday. Ameen.
Figure: an Air Asia plane


If you ask me, spending your cash for the sake of your dream isn’t called a waste. Everyone can afford to be on board only and if only are they thinking as I am. Well…it’s up to you to make your mind up.  


PS: The flight duration from Kuala Terengganu - KLIA, Sepang only takes 45 minutes long compared to a 6-hour journey by vehicles. It takes 1 hour and 40 minutes long to arrive at KLIA Sepang, Selangor from Kuching, Sarawak but takes 2 hours long to arrive in Bintulu from LCCT, KLIA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment