Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Because of You Cats & Dogs

I wished I could shop well and go home safely. Ironically, that didn’t happen. In fact, what happened was beyond of my expectation. I know I could be the best planner but what to do? Allah has first known my destiny.

An unexpected incident occurred around 5 something last Tuesday evening. Strictly speaking, I’d been yearning to purchase a VCD of “Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” ever since the first time I saw it at the night market near Taman Bukit Bayas Indah, a housing estate. By the way, have you watched the movie? Well… none of my business.

Back then, I used to check with my buddies whether or not they had made a copy of the movie and saved it in their hard disk or laptop – but disappointingly, none did.

To make my dream come true, not to mention my eagerness to watch the English movie, I made up my mind to search the VCD at Mydin Mall, one of the nearest hypermarkets from my house, only 5-minute drive. I asked my kid brother, a 15-year-old teenager, to keep me company.  We went there by motorbike. Don’t worry… I do have a motorcycle license. Huhu.

On the way to the hypermarket, at Jalan Sultan Mahmud, I suddenly noticed something going wrong. My brother told me that the back tyre was leaking. “Oh, NOOOOOOOO!!!” I screamed. Ha! Ha! Kidding. I didn’t even do that. Trust me, I didn’t yet go insane. Aha, so what happened next?

We got off the motorcycle and hauled it by the roadside. I inquired a fruiterer where the nearest workshop was located. According to him, it’s about 1 km away. Shoot! And he suggested that I have the motorcycle repaired there. (Guess what? After all, there’s really a workshop nearby, however it’s too late cos I was already home when I was told. Damn!)

FYI…it’s still early since I got 30 minutes left before the workshop closed. Due to the heavy traffic, I didn’t seem to be in the mood and have no guts to haul the motorcycle especially to cross THE SUPER BUSY ROAD??? Will you?

Hope that’s considered an acceptable reason and I’m telling you I’m not a chickenshit. So, I closed my ears to his advice and didn’t listen to the fruiterer’s suggestion at all. I came out with a more brilliant idea and we finally hauled the motorcycle to a primary school nearby. The school is Sek. Keb. Padang Hiliran and there’s where my Dad works at. What does my father do? A teacher, of course.

Shortly afterwards, I contacted Mom and informed her about the leaky back tyre. She asked my sister to come for help and bring along a tyre pump. What the hell…she whined and wanted to do her business first in the loo. Okay, fine! Even though Mom was asking us to immediately go back home and we might go shopping the next time, I was being a little bit obstinate that evening. To my way of thinking, it’s such a good chance and don’t you remember that opportunity seldom knocks twice?

Aha. Hence, we chose to walk to Mydin Mall. Besides, it’s just within walking distance of our current whereabouts. I believe…a stitch in time saves nine. Why should I postpone my shopping time, then? There, we went straight to the outlet selling VCDs, DVDs and CDs. A variety of movies were being sold there. From Malaywood to Hollywood and Bollywood. I felt slightly upset because the VCD we’re looking for was unavailable. We only found “Cats and Dogs 1”. So, I said to myself, “How about checking out in Giant nearby?” We walked to Giant after that.

It’s raining cats and dogs, all of a sudden. In order to avoid us getting wet in the heavy rain, we stopped by at a Mc Donald’s restaurant. The fast food restaurant is situated right between Mydin Mall and Giant. We took our time out sitting on the chairs to wait for the rain to stop. Alhamdulillah…it stopped after a while. Ah, what a relief! Without delay, we kept on walking to Giant. I felt thankful for finding the outlet in the yellowish hypermarket. I was more than ecstatic as the VCD ‘Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore’ was right there! Without thinking twice, I bought it. “Mission accomplished!” Hoho.

After shopping, we walked back to the primary school and decided to just take the motorcycle home. We’re lucky because my friends were unexpectedly passing by the road and I grasped the golden opportunity to ask them for a little help. I begged, “Could you please take my brother home?” I myself would ride the motorcycle slowly...err...would I? Yet, I didn’t really want to haul the motorcycle since it would take half an hour to reach home, whereas only does it take 15 minutes to finish watching Upin & Ipin on TV, you know. This isn't 15 minutes but half an hour or maybe more. 

Allah sent assistants but they really aren't angels! I saw my two other brothers come by motorcycle. Then, one of them tried to pump up the back tyre but it just ended in failure. Thus, we took the motorcycle home and were gonna have it repaired the following day. I did it! I did it! The ‘horrible’ incident notwithstanding, I managed to get the VCD I had been yearning for and that night my siblings and I enjoyed watching the movie together.

How's the movie? Enjoyable and that's why I've watched it twice. 

I’ve learnt a new lesson!

In future, I must keep in mind: Always check both motorcycle tyres thoroughly before going out or this is what I would undergo. AGAIN??? NOT ANYMORE!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment